Adobe Lightroom Essential Tools Workshop for Photographers
- Peter Miller, photographer & instructor
- At Peter Miller Fine Art Photography Gallery, 118 North Main Street, 2nd Floor, Providence RI 02903
- Saturday November 5, 2016, 5.5 hours total workshop time
- Class limited to 6 participants
- Registration fee $149 per person. Register before October 1, 2016 for $99
Make your best images look even better by taking your post production to the next level. Adobe Lightroom is the essential “digital darkroom” for every photographer. In this hands-on workshop, participants will explore an overview of core concepts and essential tools and techniques of this powerful software.
Using demonstrations, your own images, and guided practice you will take control of the photographer’s workflow from camera capture through finished photographs for printing. Punch up colors, make dull-looking shots vibrant, and adjust atmospheric haze.
- Use and customize Lightroom’s image importing and organization system
- Take advantage of non-destructive image editing
- Correct exposure, color, sharpness
- Adjust images one at a time or in batches
- Prepare images for output to a variety of media
Whether your photography interest is fine art, portraiture, wedding, events, or commercial this Adobe Lightroom workshop will provide a solid foundation in the digital darkroom. You will leave with new creative skills, better control over quality, and tools to increase productivity.
The Lightroom workshop is limited to just 6 participants. Individual goals will be addressed and everyone will receive one-on-one attention.
What you should bring:
A Mac or PC laptop that you know how to use, loaded with Lightroom 5 or newer (or open a free Adobe account and download Lightroom CC 30-day free trial). I will have a set of practice files, but I encourage everyone to bring 20-30 recent RAW images that are unedited right out of your camera. Note that the workshop is for Lightroom desktop version, NOT the mobile version, so laptops only, no mobile devices.
Attendees leave with a tutorial and resource PDF for use after the workshop.
Registration fee $149 per person. Register before October 1, 2016 for $99
Registration through Paypal (use any major credit card in the Paypal payment process)
Contact me with any questions by email at [email protected]
- Lightroom overview: What Lightroom is and is not, Lightroom vs Photoshop, and how Lightroom will enhance your creativity and productivity
- The digital photographer’s workflow: strategies for organization and editing
The Lightroom interface
- Preferences: External editing, backup catalog
- Modules: Library, Develop, Output, Print,
- RAW image acquisition
- File formats: RAW vs JPG, RAW and DNG, TIFF and PSD
- Importing from folders
Organize, store, and retrieve your images
- Loop view, grid view
- Using image catalogs
- Sorting images
- Quick develop panel
- Corrections: White balance, exposure, highlights and shadows, color, sharpness
- Essential image feedback: Histograms
- Correct images one at a time and batch processing
- Opening files in Photoshop
- Export for web
- Export for print
About Peter Miller
As a national and international award winning art director and photographer, Peter has spent decades pushing the boundaries of visual expression and levitra technical capabilities. Peter established his marketing communications business, Peter Miller Art & Design, LLC, in 1992 and has worked for major imaging companies including Agfa-Gevaert, Polaroid, and Kodak, promoting their international brands.
Computer graphics were a part of Peter’s early commercial art career. As a manager of one of the first all-digital creative and production groups, he learned digital graphics applications in the early years of electronic viagra era and was a beta tester for the first release of Adobe Photoshop. Peter was an early adopter of RAW image editors, first Apple Aperture, then Adobe Lightroom on its beta 4 release in 2006. His interest in the mastery of computer-based art continues to the present day.
Peter is an exhibiting member of the Providence Art Club and has shown his work throughout New England and Chicago. Peter has lived and operated his businesses in Providence, Rhode Island since 1997.
Peter opened Peter Miller Fine Art Gallery in March 2015 dedicated to fine art photography. As gallery owner and director, Peter is committed to assisting both private and corporate collectors develop quality contemporary photography prednisone collections that reflect their unique tastes and individual requirements.
The gallery serves the community of photographers in the Providence and Southern New England area with opportunities for professional learning and career advancement through exhibits, workshops, and events.
- Cancelled Workshops: If we are forced to cancel a workshop for any reason, your entire tuition will be transferred to another workshop or you can have it refunded to you.
- For anyone traveling to workshops, we highly recommend purchasing trip insurance to cover your expenses in case of cancellation.
- Personal Emergencies
If you have a personal emergency such as a death in the family, please contact us as soon as possible, we are willing to work with you to reschedule or refund your fee on a case-by-case basis.
Partnered workshops require a minimum of 6 participants. In the event we don’t sell out or reach our minimum we reserve the right to cancel the workshop. In this case your registration will be transferred to another workshop or a refund will be given.